Friday, August 12, 2011

The PC ... next at St Peter's Techy Gates?

"They’re going the way of the vacuum tube, typewriter, vinyl records, CRT, and incandescent light bulbs,", says Mark Dean, Chief Technology Officer, IBM Middle East and Africa.
From his blog:


It’s amazing to me to think that August 12 marks the 30th anniversary of the IBM Personal Computer. The announcement helped launch a phenomenon that changed the way we work, play and communicate.  Little did we expect to create an industry that ultimately peaked at more than 300 million unit sales per year. I’m proud that I was one of a dozen IBM engineers who designed the first machine and was fortunate to have lead subsequent IBM PC designs through the 1980s... I, personally, have moved beyond the PC as well. My primary computer now is a tablet. 

How about you personally, who are perhaps reading this on some teeny-tiny device located on the head of a 4G pin stuck into your finger for easy viewing.

Just send me your thoughts however to my old pc here at the wrecking yard ... dick@swart.org






No comments:

Post a Comment